Scripture Study Virtual Sunday Mornings
Hello friends from the Sacred Heart and St. John the Baptist Gospel Journeys group.
We Invite you to our next online Gospel Journeys discussion, this Sunday, May 31, for 45 - 60 minutes at our new time, 10:00 AM. Come connect with the message of the Gospel in a vibrant discussion with your friends in faith! See our Agenda and Materials sections below.
About our new time
Sundays are busy for many of us. Some have requested an earlier meeting time for our group. We are moving our time up 1 hour to see is this make it easier for you to participate. I realize there is no ideal arrangement that suits everyone, however, we hope to make our time together valuable for you. Please give it a try!
Making Gospel discussion time work with Sunday Mass options
We know that many of you like to watch online Mass Sunday mornings, hopefully there is a livestream option (see the links below) that allows you to join us at 10am. We also know that many of you like to watch Fr. Paul’s masses for Sacred Heart & St. John’s parishes (see the link below). Fr. Paul’s mass is a recording, made ahead of time and posted at 10am on Sunday so that you can watch it at anytime on Sunday (as Fr. Paul would say, “Can I get a little golf clap for that?"). So the great news is: you can still join our live Bible discussion at 10am n Sunday to get a preview of the Gospel, and then watch the Mass at your convenience afterwards.
Before we meet:
Please open our Gospel Guidebook, attached to this email and read the Gospel passage, and Discussion Questions. Also, the Interesting Insights and Reflections & Context sections are very worthwhile to help illuminate the Gospel's message.
We also encourage you to look below in this email for many online opportunities for Mass this Sunday.
- May 31, 2020
- 9:45 am: (join us early for a virtual Sunday Social)
- 10:00 - 10:45: Gospel Discussion
- Click this link to join the WebEx Meeting.
- Meeting number: 126 964 0152
- Password: SHSJ_GJ2020
- Join by phone
- Boston:: 617-315-0704
- Access code: 126 964 0152
Our meeting is hosted using a product called WebEx, which many of you may already be familiar with. To participate, you’ll need a computer or mobile device with a modern web browser, video camera and microphone. You can also dial-in via telephone. Join a bit early if you’d like to test your connection. If you have not yet used WebEx for video conferencing, you will receive a request to download and install the necessary software. This process may take a few minutes, so try to get it setup before we meet.
We know Sundays can be challenging, but we love having you anytime! Please feel free to join or leave as necessary.
- Before we meet:
- Please read the Gospel passage, Discussion Questions and the Reflections in our Gospel Guidebook, which is attached to this email. The reflections in the guidebook are very worthwhile to help illuminate the Gospel's message.
- 9:45 am: A virtual Sunday Social — but bring your own coffee.
- We will open the web conference line 15 minutes early to allow time reconnect with friends and meet new participants. Join us if you’d like some friendly conversation.
- 10:00 am - 11:45am: Gospel Discussion. Nourishment for challenging times
- We will keep this focussed on Sunday’s reading and what it means to our faith. Get fortified!
- 10:45 am - 12:00 pm: Linger a little longer, if you’d like.
- Sometimes the discussion and sharing need a bit more time. Stay if you’d like or sign off and carry on with your day.